Thursday, June 23, 2011

Report in Health Education Subject (part 2)

I focused on making the report that I canceled all my appointments with my friends on that day. I was the one who planned the activity my friends and I wanted to do but I'm the one who couldn't make it. I just send them a message to their phone explaining. It is good that I have understanding friends. In fact, they encouraged me to do it on my best. During that weekend, my aunt came to our house and asked me to join her to go to a fiesta in her friend's place but I refused. Same to my sister. I just stayed at the house making the report. I laugh now that I remember being very busy, even when my sister asked me to stop for a while and talk to her, I didn't find the time to talk to her. I didn't join her in watching television even though the movie was one of my favorite. I never stopped what I was doing. Perhaps, you think what I did was over the limit or not normal but I just wanted to not waste any second that I have for my task. I only stopped for eating. I know my sister understood my situation. I was supposed to be back in Baybay on Monday but because of the activity for that day, I went back on Sunday afternoon. I finished my report there. I wrote it in a sheets of paper before I put it in a powerpoint. Good that there is an internet cafe in the dormitory I lived in. I consumed hours in front of the computer. I was done encoding my handouts (that I must give to our instructor and classmates) and after this, I made the powerpoint slides. I started doing these at 3pm and finished it at around 12 midnight. Before going to bed, I studied it again so that I would know what to do during the demonstration.

When Monday came, I woke up early and got ready for school since I'd still have to go to an internet cafe for the printing of my handouts. Afterwards, I went immediately to our classroom and prepared myself for the presentation. I studied and studied until the reporting started. Each group got only 15 minutes to present what we did. When the first group presented, I just listened and observed the way they present their work. And when it was my turn, just before standing in front of my classmates and teacher, I told to myself that I can do it, that I am better than the first one. This was my way to boost confidence to myself.

Then, the reporting started. I just let myself be the way it should be. I explained our topics and explained further and further. Seeing smiles from my classmates raided my confidence. I reported as if I am a real educator that time. When our teacher mentioned that there's only one minute left, I rattled but still managed to continue the presentation. I spoke fast competing to the running time. Just in time! Yipee! That was a perfect timing. As I looked at my classmates, they smiled and congratulated me. They said words that meant they were impressed with my presentation. It's overwhelming. After I reported, I went back to my seat and listened to the last two group reporters for that day since the remaining four group would just present on the next day. While listening to the other group, I felt very excited that they would finish their reports so that the result would be announced.

When the result was being announced, our teacher first commented about the reporters. He said that our group was the only group who was well prepared. Hearing this, my hope rose to win, that means to be exempted from the exam, but still, I'm not expecting 100% so that I wouldn't be disappointed. Time for the result! And the result was ...

... you won't believe it ...

... the result was that our group got exempted for the final exam. Yehey. Big hand for me! Congratulations to me and to my groupmates! My groupmates thank and thank me for what I did for them.I felt very proud of myself. I was so excited to tell it to my parents. I wanted to tell them personally that couldn't wait to go home. Hehehehe! I know, they would be proud of me. For the other group, they were given a second chance to be exempted. Our teacher gave then another requirement for them to be exempted. Aside from the reporting, our teacher required worksheets to be passed. Our group leader told me that there's no need for me to help with it. They owe me one thing as they say that they would wanted to pay me that way. I grabbed the opportunity. Hehehehe. I agreed with her idea. Hehehe! I also thank her for giving importance to my effort during the demonstration.

With the result, I proved to myself that we can do whatever we want if we will do it on our best. If we will try hard, we can make it successfully no matter how hard it is as long as you trust yourself. We should always be optimistic. Good luck to me for the next challenge! God bless!

2 comments: