Monday, January 30, 2012

Christmas with Family

As what I'm always saying, Christmas is the time of family reunions where families gathers at their ancestral houses just to celebrate this special event with their loved ones. It is very important for the Filipinos to welc0ome the birthday of Jesus Christ. It's like Christmas will never be complete if we are away from them.

Last year (2010), I wasn't able to have Christmas with my family since I was in Manila that time. It was my aunts, uncles and cousins who are with me during the momentous event. I was there for a vacation. It was my first time to celebrate it there and away from my family. I would say, I really enjoyed being there during Christmas. It's just that I missed my family during that time. I'm not used to be away with my family especially during special occasions of ours. During that time, what I heard was only their voices talking to me over the phone which made my tears fall down from my eyes.  With that, I would say that I am happy that time but celebrating Christmas without them makes me feel that there's something missing. What I need was there presence at that moment.

That was  2010 Christmas. Celebrating 2011 Christmas with family was one of the happiest day of my life. I must say, it happened for the first time as far as I remember. I am celebrating Christmas with my family plus relatives. It's kinda weird that it was for the first time even if our houses are just few kilometers away from. I always mentioned that I love family gatherings that's why I was so happy during that time. I couldn't explain my happiness. Our celebration was just simple. We just had Noche Buena at my late grandfather's house (mother side) after we went to Mass together. Simple yet unforgettable, these two words are what I could describe my Christmas. God Bless us all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment