Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Meet Again

This is the story of my trip to Manila. If you want to read it all, it starts here. The previous part is 2 Month in Manila. The next part is here.


Part 1

Time passed, we've grown. It's been years since I played children games outside with my neighbor of the same age. Now, I miss that moment. As we grew up, we parted ways. We needed to continue with our lives on separate ways. My playmates went to Manila to continue their studies. I was left in the province. It's sad but we have to accept it. We have to go on with our lives. Even if we are far from each other, we never miss to communicate. If not through cellphone, it's by social network sites such as facebook or friendster.

It was Dec. 21, 2010 when I decided to meet my childhood friends. I planned to go to their house. Since I don't know where it is located, I contacted my elementary school classmate who happened to be their cousin and asked him to accompany me there. Gladly, he agreed. It was exciting for me to see them again after a long period of time. I woke up early in the morning of that day because I needed to go with my aunt and cousin to PGH (Philippine General Hospital) for my cousin's eye check up and my friend just picked me up there. At around 9am, we met and we went immediately to our destination. We rode an LRT (until EDSA station), then rode an MRT (until Shaw station) and then jeepney. We walked for about 5 minutes and finally, we arrived. At first, I was shy. But then, we had fun together my shyness faded and felt at home. They asked me about many things especially about our place on how people are there doing. While having conversation, we felt hungry, so we ate. While eating, we agreed to go to the mall (SM Sta. Mesa). After we ate, we rest for  few minutes and then go, mall escapade time. Hehehehe! We roamed around the mall while continuing talking. We reminisced the things we did during our childhood. We can still remember the time we were outside playing games under the rain, swim in the river and went to mountain to fly a kite or make a slide riding on the branch of the coconut. We laughed a lot, remembering our childhood, so that people who were also there stared at us. Hehehe!

Because of our enjoyment, we never notice the time. It was already evening. The time we spent was not enough so I promised to them that before I go home to the province, I will see them again. My friend accompanied me back to my aunt's house. He never left me until I entered the house. We came home late since we were lost for about an hour. It was scary but we made it into the house. Thank God, we came home safe. It was really a great day for me. Upon seeing them, my stay in Manila was half way completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment