Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Going Home to the Place where I belong (Part 2)

This is the story of my trip to Manila. If you want to read it all, it starts here. The previous part is Going Home (Part 1). The next part is here.

Part 2: My first flight in a plane ever

When we arrived at the airport, I felt mixed emotions. I looked at the outside of the airport building. When we went out of the taxi, we got a baggage push cart. We saw people fell in line as they enter inside. It was a long line so I had the chance to cherish the moment by looking around. As we were in the line, my aunt told me what to do upon arriving in Cebu. She said I should not trust anybody there whom I don't know. As we entered through the door, I saw the big effort of the airport staff to secure the people’s safety. Many checks everywhere! My aunt pointed me to go to the people who fell in line for the check in counter and baggage weighting. My aunt didn't leave me until the ticket checks and weighting of the baggage was done. After that, I went to another counter to pay the terminal fee. Then, I followed the other passengers and passed through another check point, and finally arrived at the gate we were going to wait for our flight. There were many gates there: my plane was scheduled for gate 118. Near the gates are stores. There are many different things sold there, such as foods, magazines and other stuff. I imagined before what a gate would look like, but now I saw only long chairs, which was the waiting area. I smiled about myself. Hehehe!


As I was in the walkway going to the gate of my flight, I used the opportunity to look around in every corner of the airport. It was amazing. As I walked and walked, I finally saw a placard, hanging, with 118 written in there. At last, I was able to sit down after a long time of standing and walking. Yipee! As I sat there, I don't know what to do, either sleep or not. I was afraid that if I slept, I would miss my flight. So, instead, I started texting on the phone to my relatives and friends. I didn’t stop sending messages to them until my flight. I was happy texting since there was still someone awake. But by this, I didn't hear what the girl in the voice-over said. I was confused what to do. I saw people, who were sitting the same chair with me, stood up and went to the counter where tickets were to be presented again. To be on the safe side, I asked a woman of middle age what flight she was. Flight 5J-559 was her answer. Oooooh, it was the same flight with me so I went to the back of the last person in the line. I followed them until we were on the plane. I saw flight attendants, standing at the plane's door, saying "Welcome aboard Ma'am". This was when I realized that I would be able to ride an airplane. It was a dream come true to me. Yahooo! I went immediately to my seat which was 7F. It was on a window side. I sat there and look around inside the plane and told myself: "This is how the plane I saw on TV looks like" …

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment