Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My 21st Birthday


"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years."
 - Abraham Licoln

Time runs fast. Another year had passed. Everybody is growing old. Whoaaaaaaa!!!


It was like yesterday when I celebrated my 20th birthday. This year, month ago, June 20, Wednesday, I consecrated my 21st birthday. Another year was added to my age. Hmmmmp. Just like last year, I celebrated it with friends, same venue, at Panny's Bakeshop but it was my another group of friends. They were my buddies in school. We think the same most of the time. I never thought of celebrating my birthday. Being alive and able to have this age is enough for me. I just planned to go to church and then went home so I would be with my family during that special dayof mine. It was myfriend who convinced me to celebrate my birthday in Panny's. She convinced me to buy cake, balloon and birthday hats and took pictures. She said it was just once in a year that I should make the most out of it. She said I should do what I want on my birthday. I was convinced. I agreed. She's right. Birthday comes once in a year and who knows I wouldn't be able to celebrate my 22nd anymore. KNOCK ON WOOD. Hehehe. So, I did what she said. We went to Panny's bakeshop, buy cake, have my name written on it, hats and candles. They were the one who bought balloons. And then, we took many pictures. As far as I remember , it was my first time to blow a candle on my birthday. In fact, I never tried children's party on my childhood years. But it's okay, I understand. My parents can't afford that kind of party. What I'm used to is only family dinner which I find fun and enjoyable. Family and relatives with me is enough to consider my celebration of birthday a complete one. With what we did, I find it more fun. Although I was shy with the other customers inside the bakeshop. They were looking at us. I'm acting like a kid as I wear a birthday hat. Hehehe. I just don't mind them. The important is I was able to do what I want to during my birthday. Even if I wasn't able to do all, at least, I did some of it.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment