Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Family

My family is just composed of four members (father, mother, sister, and me). My parents came both from an ordinary family. Before they got married, they only had a simple dream: to have simple and happy life and to be able to raise their children well in a way that they can send us to school and be able to finish a college degree. These are their dreams. And this is what they did when they got married. Even if we are not rich, my parents were able to give us what we need through their hard works. And I'm proud to have them as my parents.

In my 19 years of existence, I can't say that we are happy all the time. Of course, there were problematic times, especially financial matters, but my parents doubled their hard works to solve it. Through this, it inspired me to really finish my studies. Through my parents' small business which is tinagak (abaca product), copras, and 1 motorcycle called Habal-habal in our place, my parents were be able to provide our family needs.  The motorcycle is sometimes used by my father to transport passengers from  Brgy. Malapoc Norte to Maasin City. My parents kept all problems away from us: they did not let us to help them, and often did not tell us about problems. This seems unfair to me because we are family and we should solve problems together. Still, understanding them is what I can do to help them. I know all they want for us is to not worry about problems and just to focus on our studies.

My family is very close. We always eat together and talk about the matters in school, home and work. We also go to church together during Sundays. Sometimes, we watch television together or go to the beach. We have happy moments when being together, even though, as what I mentioned before, we were not all the time happy. There were misunderstanding and quarrels, but when having this, we wouldn't let the day pass without fixing this up. There were also times when it took days to fix it.

Let me tell you a short story about my family on why we became four. When my parents got married, they only planned to have just one kid so they can raise the child very well since they are not so well off. And by this, my older sister was born. As she grew up, she played alone during days. She didn't have any playmate since they lived in a place without neighbors that time. During nights, my sister always cried, asking my parents to buy a baby so she can have playmate. Because of this, my parents made me. And this is how we became four. Hehehe!

With all what happened in our family life, I can say that we became closer and stronger. I know trials, challenge and problems are inevitable. All we can do is to help each other. We can pass everything that matters. We will work hand in hand to solve those trials, challenges and problems that will come to our family. All I can say is even a single moment, never in my whole that I will regret for being in the family where I belong. I love my imperfect ordinary family. God Bless our families!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great story Fe, I would say that your family is not ordinary, but "Extraordinary". When I was there in Maasin for the first time this past summer, and this was my first visit to Philippines, I noticed how the "family values" and "family togetherness" was instilled there.It is so great to see this still happening in this world of ours. It use to be that way here in the USA, but not so much anymore. My family is very close also, but we are all older now, and live far apart, but we stay in communication with each other too.
    I really love the way you write, please keep it up, and I hope soon soon, you will be able to finish your studies. Amping amiga ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment and your encouragement! I hope you like my new blog entry too :-)

    ReplyDelete