Saturday, November 6, 2010

My School Life

I started to enter school at the age of 4. I was a Day Care pupil for 3 years. Within these 3 years, I had many experiences to share with which I can't forget until now. While reminiscing it, I just laugh and can't believe anymore that I once had done such things. In these years, I became a muse in our faction/team. Today I think: "Was I that cute that they chose me to be the muse?" A big laugh from me! Another thing: whenever there was a singing competition for all Day Care pupil in the City, our teacher chose me as representative. Today I ask myself: "Did I have such a versatile voice that my teacher chose me instead of my other classmates?" As I sing today, I can say that I'm not a good singer. I don't really have any talent for this. I don't have an angelic and versatile voice like what other singers have. Because of this, it makes me wonder now what voices my classmates have today if our teacher preferred me to be the representative. Another big laugh from me! Even during the school programs, I sang. Hehehe! Yet another thing: Being a Day Care pupil for 3 years was sometimes tiring, so at my young age, I already knew how to cut class. I was waiting for my teacher to go to the comfort room, then I would go out the classroom and cut classes. I did it not just once but many times. After I went out, I did not went home yet, I just play outside and waited for the dismissal time so my parents won't scold me for cutting classes. Hehehe, I was only 6 or 7 years old at that time! I hope my parents don't scold when they read that now.

During grad I of my elementary years, I can still remember that my teacher assigned me sometimes to teach my other classmates how to read. During school programs, I was always member of the dance presentations on the stage. I was no longer a singer since dancing is really my passion. I was also the representative when there were academic contests in the City to compete with the other schools in Maasin. I receive an award for second or third places. I was very proud for this. I also joined the drum and bugle in our school. I was one of the lyrist that time. That was also the years when I climbed on coconut tree, as I had already mentioned in previous blog entries. That was not just for adventure but also to get coconut fruits to be bought by my teacher so I can buy paper, since I thought this is a simple way I can help my parents. I did not cut classes anymore since I took my studies seriously. I got medals as a first honor for 6 consecutive years during School year culmination. I finish my elementary degree at Malapoc Norte Elementary School.

I got my high school Diploma at Saint Joseph College. During my high school years, I learned to value friends and on how to keep secrets. I learned it from my classmates. First day of school, I was too shy. With the help of other students, I was able to adjust to my new school and new surroundings. They were all so friendly. They never treat me like a stranger. During first year, I was only in second place. On my second year, I was the first honor. Hooray! But when I was in my third year, I was on the fifth place for the first grading while second on the rest of the grading. Sadly, in my fourth year, my name was no longer on the honor list. This year, my parents got a little bit disappointed. But not to the point that I failed, I just got an average grade for my first time. I also sometimes cut class again. This made my mother very sad, and then I regretted it. How stupid of me for doing that! That's why for the rest of the grading, I studied hard and got the pride of my parents back.

College Classmates
During college, it was the time I started to live in a boarding house away from my parents. I cried every night for maybe at least 3 months since I missed them and it was my first time to live without them at my side. It was the help of my classmates, who became my close friends, to cope up with my loneliness. We studied together. We were always together during our vacant time. It was during college also that I experienced dancing on a street yelling during the Loyalty Day celebration of our school, Saint Joseph College. It was also the first time that I was able to care for a patient during our duty in the hospital. Remember, I studied practical nursing! Knowing the patients and caring about them is very exciting for me. I also experienced lots of sleepless nights for preparing our case presentation for the nursing class every month. It was all worth it since while we were learning we got bonds with our classmates. It was also during our college years when I was first time out of town. Together with, or rather because of my friends, I was able to go to Canigao Island, Bontoc, Macrohon, Padre Burgos, Banahaw and, the great place I've ever been: Bohol. What a great experience of me! I will never forget all of these until my last breath.


With classmates and friends at Blood Shrine in Bohol


No comments:

Post a Comment