Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Election 2013


At first, when I heard about election, I thought of raising hands and whoever got the  majority of the raised hands will be the one who got the election. But before that, they undergone nominations. That’s how I reflect election.  This was experienced by me in school. We elect officers for the class or for the school. We only raised our hands and after that, we have our new officials. 

But these things are different from the real world. I really thought what I had experienced was proper. Oooooooohhh, that was proper to the extent that  we are not forced to vote. We have the right to vote for the nominated person we want to be in that position. That was when I was in my elementary, high school and even now in college. 

The election I am talking about is abided by the law. It was part of the law. We have to elect officials who will rule the country, the city, places we are in. This was made through voting, putting the names of the candidates we want. But first, we have to be a registered voter. If not, we can’t get inside the precinct and vote. We should be at the right age which was 18 years old. 

It is in the law that voting is one of our right. It’s part of our human right.

This year, people just undergone voting.  Just a day and voting was done. New officials will be declared this coming June 30 of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment