Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week Before New Year

During Christmas, December 25, we had lunch at late grandparent's house(mother side) with families and friends. After that, we laughed and laughed until our stomach muscles were aching. We were talking about the funny moments we had with our relatives. My mama's sister were reminiscing their childhood days. later after we had some chats, one of our aunts asked me to teach them some dance steps for their dance presentation which is to be presented on the night for the Barangay Christmas party. I taught my aunt and her companions some simple steps since they were complaining if I taught them some little twist of steps. We practiced for few hours since they only had few hours to practice since it was that day they should present the dance. I had fun practicing them since looking at them executing the actions makes the mothers cute. Hehehe. After the practice, we went home to got ready for the party. upon arriving home. I lie down on my bed. That was the time I realized I'm tired. I planned to rest for a while and then got ready but, I fell asleep. My mother tried to awake me up but she failed so she just let me. Whoa!! I missed the party. I missed the presentation of my aunt with her companion which is me who taught them. UGH.

December 26, as I wake up, I felt pain on my legs and arm. I thought it was just a simple pain but it didn't. When I stand, it hurts especially when I walked that's why I had difficulties in walking that time. I was excempted with the chores because of that pain. I teased my aunt to pay me for it would not happen to me if I didn't taught them to dance. That was just a joke. My plans for that day was canceled which is to go to my grandparent's house to meet my cousins and watched movies there with them.

December 27, it was still aching.OUCH!!! What i did was watching television in our house and sleep.

December 28, thank God! Pain was gone. Our aunt asked me to go to grocery store to buy stuffs for the birthday celebration of my little cousin. I said YES immediately since this was what I wanted to do. I love buying groceries. After we bought groceries, we went home immediately and prepared the foods. Then, the celebration started. Happy Birthday!!! hehehehe.

December 29, I just stayed in our house. Nothing special happened.

December 30, my cousin pick me up from home to my grandparent's house. We watched movies and eat fried banana as our snacks. Afternoon came, with nothing else to do, we agreed to go to Maasin City Forest Park and have some fresh air. We roamed around the place while riding on a motor vehicle. I also practiced how to drive for about an hour. We stayed at the cottage while waiting for the closing time to come which is 5pm. We had some Chats. I had fun since we were talking about lovelife which were not we  usually do. Hehehe.

December 31, I didn't intend to wake up early but I did since I helped my father to slaughter the pig. Every year, we slaughter pig and sold it to our neighbors. I was the only one who helped my father doing that. I became his assistant. That was for the first time and I found it exciting. I helped me tied pig's legs so it wouldn't be difficult to slaughter it. I got my shirt dirty since it's raining. As my father put the knife on pig's neck, few drops of blood spread into my shirt and arms. I found it funny. I even laughed. We put hot boiled water over pig's body so the hair would be easy to wipe off. After that, time to cut the body of the pig into the desired weight the neighbor wants to buy. I felt proud since my father told my neighbor that I was his assistant. Hehehe. In the afternoon, my cousin and aunt arrived in our house since they were celebrating new year with us. We prepared food and I was the one who is assigned to make Spaghetti. Yummy. Ehemm.

 Then, we went to church to welcome new year. After mass, people were shouting  HAPPY NEW YEAR while the noise of the fireworks heard from outside.

December 30 is also Rizal Day!!!

God Bless!!





1 comment: