Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nov. 1 and 2 (All Saints and All Souls Day)

All Saints Day and All Souls; as you look on the calendar, these days are considered holidays or either of them would be holiday depending on the government on which day will be consider as holidays. As what we've known, halloween is celebrated during these days or before these days wherein people or youths wearing horror costumes. Wew. Also, during this days, relatives and families are reunited at the tombs of their loved ones. They pray their and have chat about the happenings of their lives while they were away from each other. I have noticed that during these days, policemen roamed around cemeteries and inspect every persons before they let people enter the area. They implement that people are not allowed to bring glass bottle, sharp objects and etc. that could be used in any bad purposes since during this time, snatchers or what we call bad-minded people grab this opportunity to victimize people like stealing things that could be sold for them to gain money or any bad intentions which is obviously could harm humans. I would say that policemen did a good step to prevent crimes during that day and let people feel that they were safe as they visit their late loved ones. As I've watch the news, I can see crowds. I can see thousands or millions of people visit in a cemetery. That's why, some just went there before the day came or right after that day just to avoid crowds.

Me, you may not believe me but it's true. I went to cemetery last Nov.1 after 8 years. Yeah, it's true. Whenever these day comes, our mother don't let us go to the cemetery since as what I have said, it's crowd there. My last visit there was when we bury my late uncle and after that, I never got the chance to come back for my parents forbidded me and my sister. What I did when these days came, I just prayed at home for the saints and for the souls. Now, that I think I'm old enough to handle myself in a crowd, I had decided to go there together with my sister and visit my late uncle and grandparents on my mother side. As I was in front of my uncles tomb, I felt like crying because for me, it's hard to accept even if 8 years had already passed.  The pain is still here. For my grandparents, I didn't got to see them when they were still alive since they died when I wasn't in this world. It was my uncle whom I bonded.

For the souls in purgatory, may they REST IN PEACE!!!
God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment