Sunday, July 31, 2011

My 20th Birthday

Many birthday greeting on my phone. Thanks to all of you!

Birthday is a day or anniversary to celebrate person's date of birth. This is to commemorate the very first day of our existence here on earth. I know that all humans celebrate their birthday, either in a silent way or through a party or dinner.
I remember when I was a kid. I was always excited when my birthday came. I was excited with the gifts and the party. Well, it was not a big party as you may think; it was just a simple party where my family and relatives gathered in our house for dinner and some chats or a videoke (sing-along). Although my family and relatives on maternal side always come together for other reasons as well, gathering because of birthdays is different. I find it more fun and awesome. Maybe because we were celebrating the very special days of our lives!

And now that I'm already 20 years old, no longer a baby, I still had this feeling of excitement when my birthday was coming. It's not because of the gifts. It's just that I was excited to receive greetings from the people who are important in my life. They are the people who did a great part in making me for who I am now. That's why I took a picture of those messages. Upon receiving messages from mommy Ritchiele Gelsano, Jeralden Bolo, mommy Jonilyn Esclamado, ate Margarita Almeda, Mary Grace Badeo, grandfather Georg Sander,  and Donna Rose Espinal, my special day is half-way complete. Half-way since they serve as half of my life. Without them, my life would be meaningless. It was my way of thanking them and I am so proud for they greeted me. To celebrate my birthday this year, I didn't have a party. It was just a dinner with family and relatives but before that, we went to church altogether. For me, parties and gifts are not important as long as those people I love are there for me. It means a lot to me. They are more precious than any gifts. On the day after my birthday, my friends (Yhing and Mommy Ritchiele) treated me on a snacks. I wasn't surprise with this. Lol. It's just, I don't expect anything from them as long as they remember me, it's all I am wanted for.

Yhing, me and Mommy Ritchiele eating cake

I am thankful to them for that kind of effort they have done for me. First of all, I thank God for giving me chance to borrow this life to experience on how to live this world he had created for us. Second is to my parents who take good care of me from the day I was still in my mother's womb until now that I am a older. Hehehe! I thank those people behind this life of mine. And lastly, whether you are haters or lovers, I thank you since you are the reasons why I am stronger now. I can say that I am so lucky since I am well-loved by those people I mentioned and also by many more people that I have not mentioned above.

Each of us is a gift made by God so we should be thankful with it through celebrating it. Before the celebration, it is God we should thank first. Celebrate it with God since if it is not because of him, we couldn't have this wonderful life that we had. All I'm wishing for is good health and long live for me and for those people I love. I hope, this year will become a fruitful one for me. God Bless everyone!
Fight for the cake. Hehehe. But we all got enough cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment