Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm Going Home to the Place Where I Belong (Part 4)

This is the story of my trip to Manila. If you want to read it all, it starts here. The previous part is Going Home (Part 3).

Part 4: Finally back in Maasin

I was very disappointed because I was expecting to be home at 8pm. I just couldn’t wait any longer to go home and see my parents. When I looked at my watch, it was 12:10 pm and the boat would leave for around 7 hours later. I didn’t know what to do. If I go back to my friend's place, I had to pay for a taxi again, waste of money, back and forth. And, if I stay on the pier, I'd be lonely since there was no one I could talk to. My friend couldn't stay with me since she had to work. Finally, I chose to stay at the pier instead of spending more money to go back to the house. I was just hoping that I'll be okay and safe there. As we enter at pier 1, we went to the ticket booth to buy my ticket but it was posted there that they would start giving tickets at 4pm. Ooooooooooh no! We looked for a chair and there, my friend left me. I felt nervous inside. After few minutes, I felt hungry and sleepy, only to realize that I haven't taken my lunch yet and also, I didn't have sleep since Manila. If I went out to buy foods, there was no one whom i could trust to see my baggage. So, I chose to stay and suffer from hunger. Also, I couldn't sleep because I was afraid that if I sleep, someone will steal my things. I stayed at the pier without lunch and sleep until the boat left. I felt weak. Still, I managed myself to be alright. I just entertained myself playing games on my phone or texting with my friends. With this kind of activity, I got bored but, what else could I do to have fun? Glad that my friend in Manila called me. We had fun talking many different things until I bought my ticket. After I bought, I went immediately inside to go to the boat. Finally, I would be able to sleep since my baggage was safe there. I didn't notice when the boat was moving for leaving because I had a deep sleep. I just woke up 4 hours after its departure. And at that time point, I realized that I was going home at last. Hehehe! I went back to sleep since I would just get bored on the boat if I stayed awake. I slept until my arrival. The noise of the other passengers woke me up, and wow, we were already in Maasin. Yahoooo! I got my baggage and went down from the boat and there, I saw my parents. I hugged them tightly since I missed them very much. Finally, I was home. There's no place like home! Thank God I came home safe. God Bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment