Wednesday, April 6, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Happy! Happy! Happy! This was what I felt when I arrived home. We got home at around 2:40am since our home was just a 30-minute away from the city proper. Upon arriving, my mother prepared the table for me and then, I ate together with my elder sister. She cooked tinolang manok and fried pork chop, the food I had requested to her when I was still in Cebu since she knew that I didn't eat my lunch and dinner yet. While eating, I told them my stories about what happened in Manila. It was around 3:30am and I was done eating, me and my sister were left in the kitchen since my parents went already to their room to sleep. What we did there was just talk and talk about the things I had experienced and also, things that happened in our place while I'm away. We never noticed the time until we felt sleepy. So, we went to our room to sleep. When we got there, we're lying, we didn't sleep immediately. We just continued with our topics until we both fell into sleep.  Because we sleep very late, we woke late in the morning. Hehehe! As I woke up, I went immediately to the kitchen and look for something to eat since I felt hungry. Glad that my mother prepared a food for me. I ate a lot because I missed the cooking of my mother. In the middle of my breakfast, visitors came. They were my aunts and cousins. Seeing them, smile appeared on my face. I missed these people. Super happy that they visited me! I felt flattered. After I ate, we gathered at our living room and there, we bond. Here I go again, talking things about Manila. Hehehe! They asked me about how the lives of our relatives there was. I told them all about the situation and nothing to worry about. They were all fine. We had lunch together. great lunch since it was like a one big happy family. This is what I always wanted to spend time with my relatives on a dinner. After we took our lunch, we rested for minutes and then, we all went to my late grandfather's house. We've been there until nights, gather there and have dinner together. watch televicion while talking different things like reminiscing the things happen during my mother and her sibling's childhood. I found it very funny and interesting, It's good to be home. I must say, it was a great first day after I went home. God Bless all the families!

No comments:

Post a Comment