Sunday, February 27, 2011

Christmas Season

This is the story of my trip to Manila. If you want to read it from the beginning, click on the links here: Travel Part1 Travel Part2 First Day First Week. The next part is here. 

It was really my plan to celebrate Christmas here in Manila. I wanted to witness how Christmas is in Manila. One of the reasons was that from my family only me did never yet experienced Christmas here in Manila. I heard from my sister how nice it is here. Even if it meant to be away from my family, I still chosed it since it was just for once and my parents understood it.

Dec. 24, day before Christmas (Dec. 25), we went to the mall to buy gifts and groceries for the celebrations. We roamed around the mall the whole day. We were finished shopping at exactly 4:30 p.m. We were tired that time but we had to travel for about more than an hour to my aunt’s house in Laguna. We were going to celebrate Christmas in her house. As we arrived there, we rested for just about 30 minutes and left the house again. We went to the Market to buy the ingredients we needed for the food we planned to prepare for the celebration. After that, because of our tiredness, we just cooked one food enough for our dinner and then, we slept. It was only me and my cousin who welcomed the coming of Christmas since my aunt was tired. I was lonely that time but happy. Lonely because I celebrated it away from my family and happy because my parents called me on the phone and we were able to talk to each other. I was crying that time. Huhuhu! On Christmas Day, morning, we were busy preparing foods for our lunch since we expected visitors: my uncle and his family arrived at almost lunch time. We chatted for a while then we greeted MERRY CHRISTMAS. It was eating time. We got to bond with my cousins and their kids. Time to give Christmas presents! From my aunt, I received clothes and my uncle gave me cash. Hehehe! Thanks to them.

Even if I missed my family, they filled the emptiness I felt inside. I had fun and enjoyed the time. I can say that I was happy celebrating Christmas with my relatives but I am happier when I'm with my family. This was a first time experience. Thanks to my family for letting me have a vacation here and thanks to my relatives for giving me fun. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment