Friday, August 20, 2010

Biking ...

Have you experienced smiling alone whenever you think about one thing that already happened? Just like me, I did it many times! Let me share to you one of the reasons of my smiles. Hmmmp... I know what you are thinking but sorry, you're wrong ... it's not about love. For you to know it, let's start...

July 31, 2010, Saturday at 4:51 in the afternoon, I considered this day as one of those unforgettable and memorable days I've ever had for my entire life. I won't ever forget this because it is the day that the thing I dreamed to learned since my childhood, at the same time afraid to try, came true. Wanna know what it is?

Since my childhood, I dreamed to have a bicycle and to learn how to ride it but the chance never let me. Just a normal bike! I am not talking about motorbikes; sure, riding a motorbike would be even better, but I am talking here just about those bikes where you really have to move your feet to get it going. Seeing others on bike made me envious. Sometimes, I just imagined myself doing such a thing. Actually, there were times when my friends offered to teach me how to ride it but I refused since I was afraid. It's not the injury that I was afraid of. There was something worrying on my mind if I try it. I can't point what it was but maybe it was my mother who might be mad at me if I did it, or I was just afraid of other's tease.

Until the time came, that I had the will and determination to practice it. Maybe, I was just encouraged by my cousin seeing him riding it and doing some basic exhibitions. So, I borrowed his bike. And you know what, I was sick that time suffering from fever and LBM but still I practiced biking. At first, I found it difficult. My cousin assisted me but he suddenly stopped. He was irritated about my complaints for him pushing me too fast. With this, I tried on my own and to my own surprise, I suddenly knew it, I know how to handle it even if there's still rough moves but at least I can drive it without any assistance. Yahooooooo!

I was so very happy that time. I can't really believe it. Before, I thought I need weeks or months to master it but now it took only less than an hour for me to learn. On the next day, I was suffering from muscle ache for three days but it was fine with me because the payment for that pain is my achievement; an achievement that will last. Pains are worth it. It's silly to say this but it's true. Now, thinking about it, smile never fades from my face. I just laugh at myself thinking of those years I've wasted, because in just a day or an hour, to be exact, my dream came true. Now, I always go to my aunt's house every Saturday just to borrow their bicycle.

I know you will just laugh at it but what can I do, it's the truth. And I'm proud to say that I made it after a long time of waiting. I'm so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment